- Changes as of October 18th: AHPRA-registered practitioners can now see ALL clients for face-to-face appointments with no restrictions.
- Screening: pre-appointment screening is still in place to verify that you meet COVID-19 symptoms/exposure criteria. For further information about criteria, please read our online screening form (you can also fill it in if you’re planning to book an appointment).
- Naturopathy update: we are continuing to book clients for Chinese Medicine consultations as Naturopaths are still restricted. As he is qualified in both areas, Scott will always give you the very best of his expertise regardless of the appointment name.
- Online bookings: have been updated to include all our new Chinese Medicine appointment types – ‘Standard’, ‘In-depth’ and ‘Comprehensive’, in line with the currently inactive Naturopathy appointment types.
- Remedial Massage status is still unclear; Counselling is open
- Key Holiday Dates:
- GRAND FINAL DAY: Closed Friday 23rd October.
- CUP DAY WEEKEND: Closed Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd November.
- CHRISTMAS: Final Clinic Day Tuesday 22nd December.
We are so VERY pleased to be able to welcome ALL of our clients back to the clinic for consultations, testing and treatments!
You can call the clinic on 9876 8786 to make a booking, or use the booking button above. If you normally book for a naturopathic consultation, please choose an alternative Chinese Medicine consultation instead (you will see they follow the same naming pattern as our currently inactive naturopathic appointment types, with ‘standard’, ‘in-depth’ and ‘comprehensive’ options available.) We also have phone/Zoom consultations available.
Open hours going forward
We have now returned to our normal, pre-Covid hours. Additionally, we have expanded our open hours to include Friday mornings from 10am onwards.
Maintaining a “Covidsafe” clinic
Please be aware we have a maximum capacity in our reception area of 7 patrons. We would appreciate you helping us maintain this by checking how many people are in reception when you arrive (not including staff) and waiting in the foyer if your presence puts us over our limit. Please wave hello first though, so we know you’ve arrived!
All clients will be also screened via our online form for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure on their first return booking, and are reminded in every appointment SMS to inform us of any new symptoms/exposure. Staff are screened prior to each shift for COVID-19 symptoms or exposure.
These measures, along with our ongoing hygiene protocols, will ensure the clinic continues to be an infection-free space for all clients and staff.
Please order 1 week in advance wherever possible!
- We are continuing to use Sendle for Melbourne Metro, which in general we have found to be excellent. Most clients receive their packages within 1-2 days. However, we have had a couple of instances where clients have waited a week or more for their package, because Sendle outsourced to another courier due to being unable to cope with demand. Please be sure to allow plenty of lead time for your order, just in case.
- For non-metro, we are also using Sendle until Australia Post return to normal. This is a little more expensive, however unfortunately there are still major delays with packages sent by Aussie Post.
Collecting orders from the clinic
To keep numbers in reception as low as possible and ensure a quick turnaround, we are continuing to obtain payment in advance for orders. You can now enter the clinic to collect your order, however please check there are no more than 7 visitors before entering. If there are, please call us from the foyer and we will bring your order out to you. We also always recommend pre-arranging a collection time to ensure our front desk will be attended when you arrive.
Remedial Massage status unknown, Counselling open
For our clients who also see other practitioners at the clinic, here are the updates:
- At this point we believe Remedial Massage may be able to operate, however this is not confirmed due to insufficient information from the government. If you are an existing client of one of our massage therapists, please contact them individually to see if they are operating (or else to book for after November 1st, as they will fill up very fast!). Their contact details can be found here.
- Our counsellor, Travers Holbrook, is available for appointments and is offering a $50 discount to all our clients, past and present. Contact details are here. Please don’t hesitate to call him if you’re struggling mentally or emotionally under lock down.
Please note the 25km rule does not apply to medical/health appointments. This means you do not need to live within 25km of the clinic in order to come to your appointment. If you are stopped, please have your Appointment Confirmation handy, either on your phone or printed.
The 25km rule also does not apply to medicine pickups as per the following government advice: “For some people the nearest essential goods and services (including shopping) will be more than 25km away. In this situation you may travel beyond 25km to the nearest provider.” Additionally, your medicines are an vital part of your health care, which is exempt from the 25km rule.
We will do everything we can to make your experience as enjoyable, smooth and easy as possible!
All the very best to you all!
Fiona and Scott Hankinson